2. The thing that stuck with me the most was the kid who ended up committing suicide. The fact that these kids were just relentless in their teasing and bullying was insane. While they stayed safe in their bedrooms, this kid was being pushed down without them even lifting up their hands. Eventually he even found websites and a kid to talk about suicide. All this without his parents even knowing.
3. I felt that it is important to watch the video is because everything in this world nowadays is online. People need to realize that the internet is a tool and not a toy. Nothing you do is going to come without consequences and the internet especially is not an exception.
4. To keep family safe from certain aspects of the internet, I want to show them what can happen and how dangerous it can be. I want to make sure they understand how bad it is, but at some point, I think you need to trust them to do the right thing after a while.
5. Like the boy, you need to be aware of whats happening in your family and making sure they aren't hurting themselves or others.
6. To let my parents know about internet safety, I would probably sit down and talk to them about it or even on a car ride. I talk to them about the good and bad things and how we can use the internet to benefit our family.
We watched Frontline
1) The show was about teenagers and parents dealing with the internet.
2) I think the most memorable thing was that girl with anorexia and all those pro-anorexia sites. I found that a little disturbing.
3) I don't know if it's important or not. This specific documentary only interviews the people who've experienced the negative parts of the internet. I don't know if all internet related documentaries are like this. It’s important to make sure that the documentary isn’t biased first.
4) I’ll inform them the positives and negatives of internet usage.
5) It’s important because the internet is everywhere so people who use it should have thorough knowledge of it.
6) I would tell them to just talk to their kid without seeming like they’re prying too much.
The show was about the online usage and the people behind it. All of the social that the children was using was doing stuff behind their parents back. Some people were doing games and talking gossip on others. Some students were being teased and made fun of, yet some people suppress these issues and some may hurt themselves.
The most memorable thing that I remembered was the part when the kid in school was made fun of and was thinking of suicide. He was taking with another person online and searching how commit to suicide. He would search how to tie a knot that he hang himself to. After he passed, his father went to his laptop and talked the people he chatted recently and searched his history to find out why he has done such thing.
What I felt that it is important to watch the video is because the world and generation today is filled with internet and online usage. We needed to see the first hand experience of the problems that the people were facing. These things may help the parents to control the internet and the online social media.
To keep my future family safe from the dangerous acts, I can always lock Safe search on. For the ones for online social media, keep an eye out for the ones they follow and check their devices casually.
If our family were not to talk about the safety, then there will be a situation that will linger in the safety. The thought about safety will at least be a magnet when using the internet when they do use it. It will keep the family from separating and have still a physical connection.
My advice for parents that don't know about these possibilities is to show and explain what consequences their children will face and the fear they might contact to.
Frontline: Growing up online
It was about the internet and what parents think about it and what they think about how teens these days are using it.
The most memorable thing about this show was when a kid was convinced by his friend to kill himself and a website.
It is important to watch shows like these so we can learn about everyone's point of view about the internet and the different ways people decide to use it.
Make sure they don’t talk to people they don’t know and not to post anything stupid.
It is important to talk to your family and friends about internet safety because it can also keep them safe and they can give you good advice.
I would tell not to be too protective but just enough to know that they’re not talking to strangers so they should give their children advice then let them do what they need to do.
Growing Up Online
2.What was this show about?
It was about how high school students and the dangers of them basically growing up in such a technology friendly era.
3.What is the most memorable thing to you about this show?
The most memorable thing about this show was when the mother of a high school student informed her kid's friends parents about a video showing the inappropriate behavior of them on a train. The mother received many different reactions from the parents from "thank you for informing me" to "get out of our business. It surprised me because what parent wouldn't want to know any trouble there kid is getting into.
7. What advice would you give to parents that don't know how to keep their children safe online?
Growing up online
What was this show about?
this show was about a school in NJ where the internet is very popular and is used in different ways. Ways such as for school purposes, music videos, blog post, fights for entertainment . etc.
What is the most memorable thing to you about this show?
The most memorable thing was people regretting for the wrong of what they did.
Why/Why not - is it important to watch shows like these?
It is important to watch these shows to understand the dangers of online.
How will you keep your future family safe online?
To keep my family safe online, we will use online sites that all ages can use and make sure everything website that is used is overlooked by a parent each week.
Why is it important to talk with your family about internet safety
It is important because you want to be aware of what happens on the internet because it is used all over the world.
What advice would you give to parents that don't know how to keep their children safe online?
Keep track of what sites your child uses.